Throughout the year, the Suicide Prevention Program brings various trainings to locations around the state. The majority of these trainings are free and many offer CEU's. There are many different trainings related to suicide prevention, intervention and aftercare, as well as screening, safety planning and mental health trainings. Some of the trainings have included:
- CSSRS - Screening Tool
- Safety Planning
- Lifeline School Prevention
- Lifeline School Intervention
- Lifeline School Postvention
- AMSR - Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk
- SOS Group Facilitation Training
- G.O.A.L.S Family, Teen and Childrens SOS Group Program
- and many more.
If you join the network, you will get notices of upcoming trainings and how to register!
There also is an option of bringing certain trainings to your community. Some of the trainings that are offered include:
- QPR - Question, Persuade, Refer - a gatekeeper program for anyone (1.5 - 3 hour program)
- MHFA - Mental Health First Aid - a gatekeeper program with a more broad focus of mental health diagnosis and includes suicide (12 hour training over two days)
- Working with Survivors in a Professional Setting - a program to help and support clinicians or any one in the community that works with survivors of a suicide loss.
- Georgia Community Educators - a program to teach anyone (survivors, coalition members, professionals, people in your community) to speak a safe and consistent message about suicide and mental health to any population.
- And many more...
If you have a coalition, organization, agency, school, church or other...you can ask for these training to be brought to your area. Contact us to find out how! email@example.com
And GET CONNECTED with the GSPIN Broadcast System to get real time information about trainings and registration as details become available!