April 29, 30, and May 1 2016
at Camp Twin Lakes - Will-A-Way
Camp SOS is a family weekend camp for families that have lost a loved one to suicide. Families are defined by who is "family" for you. There have been attendees from 6 to 96 years old and from all over the state of Georgia. Camp is held in the Spring, at Camp Twin Lake’s - Will-a-Way, in Ft. Yargo State Park, Winder, GA.
A loss by suicide forever changes lives, but having access to tools that support the journey can help. Camp SOS gives survivors support to help them travel this journey ina safe environment.
Every suicide leaves an average of six survivors. There are few resources to help these children, teens, and their families cope with the traumatic grief and loss. This resources can make a huge difference by giving them:
- Access to a "neutral, safe space" to have fun together in a place where it's OK to express grief.
- Support from trained facilitators and volunteers (many of whom are survivors) who help campers listen, play, and talk through their feelings.
- An opportunity to explore their grief and find new ways to interact and cope as a family.
- Field Sports
- Arts & Crafts
- Ropes Course
- Paddle Boats, Canoeing and Kayaking
- Family Activities
- Breakout activities by age
- and much more!
Each family has their own area in a shared/partitioned cabin. Attendance is limited to 30 families. This program has been developed with fun family oriented activities as well as helping and healing activities to support the grief of all members of the families.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CAMP SOS 2016 - VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE HERE
OR TO BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS - CLICK HERE